How to Verify TRN in UAE?
The Tax Registration Number (TRN), introduced in the UAE in 2018, is a unique identification number assigned to businesses and entities registered for VAT in the UAE. It is a critical element for companies operating in the UAE, as it is required for all tax-related transactions, including tax returns, invoicing, and filing for (Value Added Tax) VAT refunds.
As per the UAE tax law, businesses with an annual turnover of AED 375,000 or more must register for VAT. It includes companies that provide goods or services, freelancers, and individuals who earn income from activities subject to VAT.
To obtain a TRN, businesses must register for VAT with the Federal Tax Authority (FTA) through the online FTA's e-services portal. Once the registration is complete, the FTA will issue a TRN, which must be used for all VAT-related transactions, including issuing invoices and submitting tax returns. Failure to obtain a TRN or register for VAT can result in penalties and fines, so ensuring compliance with the UAE's tax regulations is essential.
In this blog post, we will discuss how to verify TRN in UAE, including finding the TRN number of a company, TRN verification, and how to check the tax identification number in UAE.
How to Find the TRN Number of a Company?
1. To verify a TRN in UAE, find the TRN number of a company in the UAE. Here are some of the most common methods:
2. Check the company's invoices or receipts - Businesses must keep the TRN number mandatory on the invoices or receipts from the company.
3. Check the company's website - Most companies in the UAE will display their TRN number on their website. Look for a section that includes the company's registration details or VAT registration to verify the TRN.
4. Check the Federal Tax Authority (FTA) website - The FTA administers VAT in the UAE. They have a publicly available database of all registered businesses and TRN numbers and can search for a company's TRN number using its name or registration number.
Here's how to perform TRN verification:
Visit the FTA website - The FTA website offers a TRN in UAE verification tool that allows one to check the validity of a TRN number. Go to the FTA website, click the "Services" tab, then select "TRN Verification."
Enter the TRN number: Enter the TRN number of the company's name and the security code provided to verify in UAE.
Verify the TRN number: Click on the "Verify" button to check the validity of the TRN number. The FTA website will confirm whether the TRN number is valid or not.
The system will display the status of the TRN, confirming whether it is valid or not. If the TRN is valid, it will provide additional details, such as the registered company or individual associated with the TRN.
TRN Verification Dubai
Verify TRN through the Dubai Economy website in Dubai. Here's how:
1. Go to the Dubai Economy website - The Dubai Economy website provides a TRN verification tool that allows one to check the validity of a TRN number. Go to the Dubai Economy website, click the "Services" tab, then select "Business Services."
2. Select "Commercial Registration" - Under the Business Services section, select "Commercial Registration."
3. Enter the TRN number - Enter the TRN number of the company to verify the company's name and the security code provided.
4. Verify the TRN number - Click on the "Search" button to check the validity of the TRN number. The Dubai Economy website will confirm whether the TRN number is valid and and provide you with the details.
In conclusion, obtaining a tax registration number (TRN) is crucial for anyone looking to do business in Dubai and the UAE. Registering for value-added tax (VAT) and all related transactions are required. Fortunately, checking TRN is a straightforward process that can be done online through the Federal Tax Authority's e-services portal.
With a valid TRN, businesses can ensure compliance with UAE's tax regulations and avoid penalties and fines. Keeping up-to-date with tax regulations and requirements is essential for success in Dubai's competitive business landscape, and obtaining a TRN is an integral part of this process.