Dubai’s DAFZA has launched the Talent Pass licence that aims to attract freelancers with special skills and expertise in the fields of media, education, art, technology, consultancy, and marketing.
The Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA)—which is home to 1800+ companies in over 20 vital sectors—has signed an agreement with Dubai Culture and the GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs) to advance this new initiative.
Talent Pass: What are some popular benefits
The Talent Pass allows its holder to obtain amazing benefits such as the following:
• The Talent Pass allows its owner to obtain a 3-year residency visa
• They can also have the provision of renting an office space provided by DAFZA
• DAFZA will also feature support and flexible operational costs
• Freelancers having the Talent Pass will also have the option of obtaining such services remotely
• The freelancers will also be able to access the vast network of DAFZA customers including entrepreneurs, international companies and SMEs
• They will also be able to use DAFZA’s digital platform for easier access to work, efficient communication with clients and other services; this will also help them expand their prospects to attract more clients
According to Dr Mohammed Al Zarooni, Executive Chairman of Dubai Integrated Economic Zones Authority, This licence comes as a response to changing market requirements and the evolving business in Dubai, especially in the post-pandemic period…We seek to bring creative individuals from around the world to the Free Zone, including specialised talent looking for opportunities in this market. [Source: Khaleej Times]
As per the MoU, DAFZA will evaluate and process all applications for the Talent Pass licence. All authorised holders who receive this licence will be able to conduct commercial activities within the Free Zone.
Strategising with Ascent Partners
The UAE is increasingly becoming a popular hub for the gig economy. Ascent Partners helps freelancers get the ground running by connecting them with the right license service provider. With the Talent Pass, Dubai’s business community will benefit from the expertise of creative individuals from around the world.
Get in touch with us at ask@ascentpartners or 04 422 7339 to start up and scale your business.